Things to see and do
WANT TO RECHARGE YOUR BATTERIES
Have a weekend away at Woody's Place.
NEWCASTLE AIR PORT is only 30 min away, transport can be organized or hire a rental car from the airport yourself.
The bus stop for all Local and daily Sydney buses just across the road less than 20 meters away.
- Salamander bay shopping village 1ks
- (Tourist information Centre, News Agent, Doctors Surgery, small super market , Butcher, Chinese Rest , Bakery, Take away Fish & Chips)
- Soldiers Point Bowling club 200 metres (entertainment / meals)
- Salamander Shores Hotel/Motel 300 metres (entertainment / meals)
- Salamander shopping centre 5ks(Woolworth's / Coles / K mart
- orizons Golf course 2ks and Nelson Bay Golf course 7ks
- Nelson Bay 7ks
- Shoal Bay 10ks
- Beautiful Waterways & Beaches
- Dolphin and Whale watching cruises
- Nightly Harbour Restaurant cruises
- Catch the ferry across to Tea Gardens on the other side of the Port for a entertaining day.
- Good Fishing (beach, rock, estuaries, deep sea)
- Bush walking ( about 30% of Port Stephens is National Park)
- Stockton beach is about 17 ks long and is one of the biggest moving sand masses in the World, and one of the few beaches you can still take a FWD on, take the BBQ and go swimming, surfing, fishing, sand surfing/sliding the dunes, see- Tin town and 1970's wreck the Signa
- Scenic Helicopter Flights
- Go on the toboggan run
- jet ski hire, boat hire, para sailing.
- Or just RELAX